Nov 24, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Nov 24th

Happy Thanksgiving! (my condolences to the turkeys...I will enjoy eating you...nom nom nom...)

I love Thanksgiving for two reasons: first, the family gatherings - we are doing a little house hopping but it's worth it. Second - the LEFTOVERS...Thanksgiving is the yummy gift that keeps on giving, and I'm already trying to plan out ways to maximize the stuff that will inevitably come home with us :)

Our menu went well again this week - we FINALLY used the last of the chili in the burritos, but I will be making it again VERY soon - it got better with time! The Sausage and Penne was another huge hit, and is doing its duty as lunch/leftovers :) I made 10 cups of chicken stock from the roast chicken, and froze about 2 cups of leftover chicken meat to use sometime in the next few weeks!

I'm off the hook for Thanksgiving cooking, but I found a SUPER easy recipe for Oatmeal-Cornflake Cookies...They are yummy, easy, and I am going to make a triple batch to bring along!

Here's the rest of our week at the table - and don't forget to check out I'm an Organizing Junkie to tour everyone else's table...hope you're hungry :)

monday - Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce, veggies, rice ($6.40 for 4 servings)

tuesday - Leftovers night (need to clean out the fridge!) - Free!

wednesday - Honey Balsamic Chicken drumsticks, veggies, leftover rice ($3.40 for 4 servings)

thursday - THANKSGIVING! - (about 3 bucks for 3 batches of cookies!)

friday - Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli (Romano's Macaroni Grill boxed - from this sale) ($5.03 for 4-5 servings)

saturday - Turkey N Biscuit Bake ($6.31 for 6-8 servings)

sunday - Going to the Edaville Railroad Christmas lights display, dinner out with family.

3 comments:

Felicia said...

You are always impressing me!

Keely said...

Mmm, loves me some pork chops with mushroom gravy...

Anonymous said...

The Honey Balsamic Chicken drumsticks sound very yummy!

 
Photobucket