Feb 22, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Feb 23rd '09


Whew! Made it through last week's menu mostly unscathed! I shuffled a few nights around, but we ate our way through everything and I hardly spent anything on groceries. This month is a great exercise in working mostly with what you have, but my brain hurts :)

This week is the final week before we move! Boxes are slowly filling up, and I'm realizing just how much extra STUFF we had laying around...the garbage man is going to hate me and the Salvation Army LOVES me. I made an executive decision with regard to packing my kitchen - we kept one full set of dishes (plate, bowl, glass, silverware) out for each of us, and packed everything else...and we packed everything but the crockpot, a big spoon, a cutting knife and a cutting board. I knew it would increase my grocery spending this week by trying to do an exclusively crockpot menu, but it means less to gather on moving day! Leftover day will mean heating stuff up on our plates, or working leftovers into the crockpot dishes....we'll see how it works out :)

Here's my crockpot-crazy menu, don't forget to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for over 300 more awesome menus!

monday - Crockpot "Fried" Rice using leftover pork ($1.75 for 4 servings)

tuesday - Crockpot BBQ and Cornbread casserole using leftover bbq beef (about $2.50 for 4-6 servings)

wednesday - Leftovers! (free!)

thursday - Crockpot Meatloaf, green beans ($4.58 for 4-6 servings)

friday - Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings with added frozen peas and carrots ($2.74 for 6-8 servings)

saturday - Any final leftovers before the move (free!)

sunday - Moving day! Homemade pizza made in my new apartment's kitchen! Yay! ($7.50 for 3 pies to serve my hungry helpers!)




Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

This looks fabulous! I really want to try to Crockpot Fried Rice and the Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings - I might have to add them to next weeks menu. Thank you for sharing!

 
Photobucket