Feb 15, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Feb 16th '09


Happy post-Valentines day! I hope everyone had a great weekend! We spent a quiet evening home and actually had a nice sit-down dinner...with a toddler in the house that alone was a fantastic V-Day gift :)

We did well sticking to the menu plan last week, I shuffled a few of the days around because I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer early in the week (oops!)...I blame it on prego brain! But it all worked out in the end, I still stuck to plan and budget and we ended up having the full roast chicken spread for Valentine's dinner. The best news is that my nausea seems to FINALLY be gone so I can EAT DINNER again! Hooray!

This week is another exercise in using as much from the pantry as possible...we are 12 days from our move, and I am trying to use up my surplus as well as sock away some money for moving expenses. I have been using Supercook.com to dig up recipes based on what I have - you just input the ingredients you have available and it lists recipes you can make right away, as well as any recipes that require a few extra ingredients.

Check out what we're eating - and don't forget to visit the MANY other MPM participants over at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

monday - Leftover Vegetable soup (from the freezer!), Grilled cheese sandwiches ($0.75 for 3 servings)

tuesday - Chicken Broccoli Casserole made with mostly leftovers! ($2.50 for 6 servings)

wednesday - BBQ beef sandwiches (made with leftover beef roast and homemade rolls), cream corn, Sweet Potato Sticks ($3.90 for 4-6 servings)

thursday - Garlic Pork Chops, zucchini, couscous ($6.16 for 4 servings)

friday - Homemade Enchiladas ($5.88 for 4-6 servings)

saturday - Homemade Pizza ($2.94 for 6-8 servings)

sunday - Leftover night! Free!!





Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

No comments:

 
Photobucket