Feb 28, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - March 1, 2010




*BLINK*

Where did February go???

Don't get me wrong, I can't WAIT for spring, and the beginning of March is when spring fever really hits me...but I feel like I lost a week somewhere! February was a crazy month for us, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

We did alright with the menu plan last week, but ended up resorting to leftovers, leftovers and MORE leftovers from Friday on. The good news is, I have a relatively clean fridge to start the week! This week I'm going to try working completely out of the pantry, I have final Once a Month Cook-Off shopping to do and the cooking to wrap up over the course of this week. I have to avoid spending money on anything but OAMC so my budget doesn't go crazy this month. I also have the Boy Wonder's THIRD birthday party on Sunday, but I'm making homemade pizzas for that, so it won't cut TOO much into our budget. I am really looking forward to finishing up the OAMC cooking, it will leave me with enough meals to get through March and part of April!

Here's what's on our table this week, don't forget to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for tons more menus and recipes!

monday - Italian breaded chicken drumsticks, mashed potato, green beans ($3.20 for 4 servings)

tuesday - Homemade turkey noodle soup, freezer breadsticks ($1.65 for 4-6 servings)

wednesday - BBQ pork tortillas, rice and beans ($4.45 for 4 servings)

thursday - Shepherd's pie using leftover mashed 'taters, veggies ($2.65 for 4 servings)

friday - Spaghetti dinner ($2.00 for 6-8 servings)

saturday - Leftovers (free!)

sunday - Boy Wonder's Birthday - 7 pizzas for the party (appx $21)




Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

No comments:

 
Photobucket