Feb 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Feb 15th, '10




Must. Do. Menu!!!

We've been plagued by the sickies in my house for the last couple of weeks, and I just haven't had the energy to make up menus - which, of course, I paid dearly for because we never knew what to cook and did a fair amount of last-minute scrambling. Every time I think menu planning is just something fun to do, I'm reminded how vital it is for my sanity AND my wallet!

So I'm back on the MPM train, this week we won't have any nights when everyone is home for dinner so I'm going to try putting the bulk of the cooking early in the week and rely on leftovers towards the end of the week. Today I made some butternut squash and apple puree for the baby, we still have sweet potatoes and pears in the freezer too! I'll be posting later this week on my baby food adventures :)

Here's our table for the week, and be sure to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie to check out tons more menus and recipes!!

monday - Japanese-style Beef Curry over rice ($4.43 for 6-8 servings)

tuesday - Country Turkey Cobbler using leftover chopped turkey ($2.27 for 4-6 servings)

wednesday - Rotini with veggie marinara, homemade breadsticks from the freezer (3.50 for 6-8 servings)

thursday - either leftover night, or Tomato and Chickpea Soup, grilled cheese sammies ($5.29 for 4 servings plus leftover soup!)

friday - Leftovers!

saturday - Leftovers!

Sunday - Dinner at my in-law's!



Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

No comments:

 
Photobucket