Dec 4, 2008

Another Shaw's Haul

I posted last week about the Shaw's meat sale and P&G Promo...I thought I would share what I actually brought home from the trip! I probably went a little overboard, but we are so well stocked right now I won't have more than $15 shopping trips for the next few weeks.

My main goal was to maximize the P&G sale (buy $20 in products - PRE COUPON COST - get a $5 catalina off your next transaction PLUS 5 free Redbox rentals) and stock up on meat. Anything with a * in front of it was bought with a coupon (to save space - I had a pretty full cart!) and anything with a ** in front of it was bought with a coupon that doubled!

I now have enough meat in the freezer for over two months of dinners, basic toiletries for at least 9 months, and plenty in the dry storage to get us by for a good long while. I look forward to some super cheap shopping trips between now and spring! :)

Transaction #1
Purchased:
*2 Folgers 28oz coffee, *2 Dunkin Donuts 2 lb coffee
Total spent: $20.96
Total saved: $16.56 ($13.56 store discount, $3.00 P&G Coupons)
Got $5 catalina plus 5 redbox rental coupon


Transaction #2
Purchased:
*2 Folgers 28oz coffee, *2 Dunkin donuts 2lb coffee
Total spent: $15.21
Total saved: $21.56 ($13.56 store discount, $3.00 P&G coupons, $5 catalina)
Got $5 catalina plus 5 redbox rental coupon


Transaction #3
Purchased:
*2 Secret Deodorant, *4 Oral B Indicator toothbrushes, *6 bottles Herbal Essence shampoo & conditioner
Total spent: $9.87
Total saved: $31.85 ($17.85 store discount, $9.00 P&G coupons, $5 catalina)
Got $5 catalina plus 5 redbox rental coupon


Transaction #4
Purchased:
@ 20 lbs chicken leg quarters, @ 10 lbs ground beef, @ 3 lbs sweet Italian sausages, *3 Kellogg cereals, **6 Near East couscous, **3 Red Baron frozen Panini, **1 Bar S hot dogs, **1 Ajax dish soap, 4 flavored creamers
Total spent: $47.83
Total saved: $83.20 ($66.80 store savings, $11.40 coupons, $5 catalina)


Grand Total Spent: 93.86
Grand Total Saved: 168.17 (includes $15 in free movie rentals!)
PERCENT SAVED: 64% overall

*this is actually the second best percentage I've gotten out of this supermarket! I still haven't beaten my 71% trip but I'm working on it!

No comments:

 
Photobucket