Oct 6, 2009

Target run - cheap applesauce and PB!





Tara over at Deal Seeking Mom posted about a great Target deal on Skippy Peanut butter this week, so I had to check it out! Between hubby and the Boy Wonder we go thru a LOT of peanut butter :) While I was there I also checked into the Mott's applesauce deal (buy 5, get a $5 gift card) to see if it was worthwhile.

The Skippy was priced at $2.04 per 16oz jar, a little higher than what other areas are finding. We also didn't get the $0.75/1 coupon in RedPlum, we had a $1/2 instead. But I usually pay $7.50 for two 40OZ jars at BJ's (about $0.09/oz) which makes a 16 oz jar about $1.50 - with the coupons I'd be paying $1 or less at Target so it was definitely worth it!

The Mott's deal was pretty great too! The sale includes the more expensive flavored/no sugar types which usually cost about $2.70 for a 6 pack, so picking those up at $1.75 (before the gift card) made for a great deal! There were also some packages marked at $1.69 but still part of the gift card promo!

Here's what I got for $25.98 (and yes, I spoiled my Boy just a wee bit, but with sale prices I can afford to!)

Transaction #1:
5 Motts applesauce 6-packs - $8.69

Total OOP: $8.69
got $5 gift card

Transaction #2
5 Motts applesauce 6-packs - $8.75

used $5 GC
Total OOP: $3.75
got $5 gift card

Transaction #3
6 Skippy 16 oz peanut butter - $2.04
used 6 $1/1 Target coupons
used one $1/2 coupon from 10/4 RedPlum

2 Toddler plates - $2
2 Toddler flatware sets - $2
2 Coffeemate 16 oz - $3.74
1 Bob the Builder DVD - $5

used $5 GC
Total OOP: $13.54




Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

No comments:

 
Photobucket