Oct 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Oct 26th '09



What a strange week we had last week (nevermind the fact that I thought Monday was the 24th). I ended up with an overload of leftovers in the fridge, and Saturday we got home too late to do anything really involved for dinner so I ended up making scrambled eggs instead :) I still got through the entire week without having to buy anything but bread and milk though! I love it when my total weekly shopping bill is less than $6. The Butternut Squash mac & cheese was a HUGE hit with the kiddo, and made a ton of leftovers, and I have 10 cups of chicken broth plus lots of meat from the roast chicken too.

This week we have two meals out of the house, since we'll be trick-or-treating in my hubby's grandmother's neighborhood and eating pizza there, then Sunday is a family party. I tried to do this week with as little shopping as possible again - if I'm ever going to get the freezer defrosted, I need to thin out the reserves a LOT!

Here's what's on our table, don't forget to visit Laura over at I'm an Organizing Junkie to find hundreds more menus and recipe ideas!

monday - Black Beans and Rice ($2.16 for 4 servings)

tuesday - Mexican Braid ($5.29 for 6-8 servings)

wednesday - Honey Ginger Pork Chops, veggie, mashed sweet potatoes - OAMC ($6.15 for 4 servings)

thursday - Shepherd's Pie with leftover beef roast ($2.00 for 4 servings)

friday - Leftovers (Free!)

saturday - Trick or Treats at Nana's house

sunday - Family party





Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

No comments:

 
Photobucket