Oct 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Oct 12th, '09



I love the fall! I especially love apple season - and since I came across several great recipes for apple butter among the bloggers, you can bet my crockpot will be working overtime :)

And a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to the far northerners, too!

The Sausage Potato soup from last week was awesome! (Thanks, Laura for sharing!) I actually made a double batch and froze half of it, I don't know when I'll be able to do a true OAMC cooking session so I'm trying to just double recipes where it's possible for now. I did squeeze in a baking day and made breadsticks and muffins, and I'm on a quest for the perfect sandwich bread recipe...

Here's our table for the week, don't forget to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for hundreds of menu ideas and recipes!

monday - Sausage and Penne Bake, salad ($7.00 for 6 servings)

tuesday - Enchiladas using leftover Mexican chicken and rice, mixed veggies ($3.70 for 6 servings)

wednesday - Leftovers - Clean out the fridge! (free!)

thursday - Beef and Biscuit bake, in the crockpot ($5.50 for 6 servings)

friday - Homemade pepperoni pizza ($3.84 for 8 servings)

saturday - Grilled cheese sandwiches, fruit ($3.60 for 4 servings)

sunday - Going to a friend's wedding!



Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm really interesting in knowing how the Beef and Bisquick comes out in the crockpot.
Looks like a delicious week at your house.
During these economic times, I'm always looking for economical and healthy recipes and grocery shopping tips to stretch the dollar.
MPM has really helped me.
Have a great week!
Oh, I hear "Sam, the Cooking Guy" tv show is on. I gotta run!

jen aka mommay said...

what exactly is apple butter? I keep seeing it but don't know what it is! I'd love for you to share a recipe too!

SavvySuzie said...

Jen - apple butter is essentially applesauce made without the extra liquid - it's just really thick seasoned apple puree, and it's SOOOO good! I'm doing a little experimenting but will definitely post the recipe that works the best!

 
Photobucket