Jul 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - July 6, '09

Well it looks like summer finally decided to arrive in New England - just in time for the last few weeks of my pregnancy :) We've got about 3.5 weeks left, still haven't finished the baby's room, and now my fingers look like Vienna Sausages! Ah well at least I'm in the home stretch...

Last week we did great sticking to the menu - I haven't added anything to the freezer meal stockpile but I'm looking over OAMC recipes to see what I can do with the meat stock I have on hand. Hubby's car accident the other week has definitely put me in frantic frugal mode, we weren't really ready to have to buy a car now but it's fast becoming necessary. Just when you thought the belt couldn't get any tighter...

We ended up with a TON of leftovers from last week - most of it will go towards work lunches but if we're still swimming in tupperware containers by the end of the week I'll probably replace another meal later in the week with a Clean Out Refrigerator Night. This week's plan is assuming that isn't the case, and we'll just play it by ear.

Here's what we're eating this week, don't forget to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for TONS of other menu ideas!

monday - Leftovers! (Free!)

tuesday - Burgers, fruit salad, tater tots ($5.50 for 4 servings)

wednesday - English Muffin Pizzas, veggies ($3.55 for 4 servings)

thursday - Honey Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks, veggies, leftover cornbread from the freezer ($4.50 for 4 servings)

friday - Sausage and Summer Squash with naan ($5.40 for 4 servings)

saturday - Homemade pizza night! ($2.95 for 6-8 servings)

sunday - Dinner at the in-laws! (free!)








Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

1 comment:

T said...

3.5 weeks left!! I am so happy for/ jealous of you! I have 7-10 weeks:(

 
Photobucket