Jul 11, 2009

It's in the way that you use it...

When it comes to coupons, it's all in the way you use them.

Today was a perfect example of that. This week Stop & Shop has a deal on Petit Sirloin steaks for $2.99/lb - it's a good price for a great cut of beef, but still normally more than I would spend, since I try to keep all meat purchases under $2 per pound. However, I also had this $5 off $15 fresh meat purchase coupon (thanks to Bargain Becky for the heads up on that!).

I grabbed a 3.16lb package of the petit sirloins ($9.45 after discount), and a 7.53lb whole chicken that sells for $0.99/lb ($7.45). Here's how it panned out:

Total meat: 10.69 lbs
Total sale price before coupon: $16.90
Total cost after coupon: $11.90

Average cost per pound: $1.11 - that's well within my guidelines for any meat purchase!

(total saved after coupon and sales: $14.48)









Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

No comments:

 
Photobucket