Jun 28, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - June 29, '09

Boy am I glad last week is over....I never got the menu up, we had a rather difficult weekend after my husband got into a car accident (he's fine, the car is not so fine). It left us with no transportation and a LOT of frustration, we're not exactly in a good position to have to replace a vehicle and the new baby's due in 5 weeks. I cooked completely out of the pantry last week (which was a very good thing, I only spent about $15 on basic necessities) but never really got around to making a formal menu.

This week I need to get back on track, both for the sake of our budget and for my sanity! It's easy to forget that meal planning doesn't just save money, it makes my week go easier - and with other stresses going on, I'll take any breather I can get!We're lucky enough to have friends and family closeby that will be helping us with transport until we get our own wheels again - I'm working on the menu now because a good friend is taking us grocery shopping tonight so I need a good handle on the shopping list sooner than later.

The good news - I took a freezer inventory and I have enough meat down there for over THIRTY meals - that's not including the OAMC meals I've been working on this month! I am going to try to keep the OAMC meals in reserve for when the baby comes, and cook again out of our pantry stock as much as possible. This is what I've come up with, don't forget to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for tons of other menu plans and meal ideas!!

monday - Italian Chicken Skillet over pasta ($4.35 for 4-6 servings)

tuesday - Italian Sausage Hawaiian over rice ($4.90 for 4 servings)

wednesday - Crockpot Fried Rice ($1.25 for 4 servings)

thursday - BBQ beef sandwiches (using leftover beef roast) on homemade rolls, veggies ($2.39 for 4 servings)

friday - Dinner at my dad's (free)

saturday - Fourth of July cookout! (free)

sunday - Leftovers! (free)








Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

congrats on the meat stockpile-- that's awesome!

 
Photobucket