Mar 9, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - March 8th '09



We survived! Last week was unbelievably busy...we moved on Sunday the 1st, and then had to unpack and organize in time for the Boy Wonder's birthday party yesterday. Trying to squeeze all of that in between working and chasing after the little crazy man was a feat. But we did it, and everyone had a great time yesterday. Still a LOT of unpacking to do but now I'm not on any particular schedule to get it done, so the pressure's off :)

We had NO menu plan last week - my mother in law made a gigantic pan of baked ziti for moving day, so we pretty much picked at that all week (I didn't have my kitchen unpacked until Friday so the microwave worked overtime!) and I dove into some of my soup surplus to fill in the other days. This week, I'm trying to keep it simple again because we need to catch up on expenses...I forgot how easy it is to spend when you move - there always seems to be something you didn't need at the old place that is ABSOLUTELY necessary at the new one...oy.

Here's what I've got this week, don't forget to visit Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie for even more menu and recipe ideas!

monday - Italian dressing chicken, broccoli (free from the party!) and rice ($3.40 for 4 servings)

tuesday - Sausage and summer squash with Naan ($5.40 for 4 servings)

wednesday - Beef and Biscuit bake ($6.31 for 6-8 servings)

thursday - Pasta with veggies, butter and garlic ($1.10 for 4 servings)

friday - Homemade pepper and onion pizza ($2.95 for 6-8 servings)

saturday - Leftovers night! (free!)

sunday - Dinner at the in-laws! (double free!)




Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

No comments:

 
Photobucket