Mar 15, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - March 16th '09

Is it spring yet??? We had a very mild weekend in New England (50-ish and only slightly windy) so I really hope it's a sign of things to come. I am SO done with winter!!! Hey - the good news is, warm weather has to get here SOMETIME...

We did really well sticking to the menu last week - the only change was that we didn't get to my in-laws tonight, so I took the leftover rice, veggies and chicken from Monday's meal and made homemade fried rice...yummy!

This week I'm still diving into my stockpile - hubby FINALLY got a new job but doesn't start till next week, so we're pinching pennies more tightly until his paychecks start coming. But HUGE blessings that he could find work again fairly quickly! I'm boiling a family sized pack of chicken leg quarters to make shredded chicken for 2 of the meals, plus some stock for another time! I also plan on making extra Bee Rocks (and trying a batch with pepperoni, tomato sauce and cheese filling) for the freezer...and speaking of freezer, I've been doing a lot of reading about OAMC (as I mentioned in my Bricklaying post) and I think I'm going to team up with a friend and give it a try...that will certainly take some pressure off of MPM's!!!

Here's what I've got this week - check out Laura's menu at I'm an Organizing Junkie - then head over to $5 Dinners where Erin is guest hosting the Linky list for the week!

monday - Bee Rocks, green beans ($4.76 for 4 servings plus LOTS for the freezer!)

tuesday - Chicken Biscuit Wraps, mixed veggies ($5.62 for 6-8 servings)

wednesday - Herb crusted pork tenderloin, rice, veggies ($5.80 for 4-6 servings)

thursday - Cabbage Roll Casserole, homemade rolls ($4.87 for 6-8 servings)

friday - Leftover night (Free!)

saturday - Homemade pizza ($2.51 for 6-8 servings)

sunday - Dinner at the in Laws! (Free!)



Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

No comments:

 
Photobucket