Dec 7, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Dec 7, '09




The good news? We stuck to the menu plan all week. The bad news? We stuck to the menu plan - I am overrun with leftovers! It just happened to be a week where many of the dishes made a LOT of food (none of which freezes very well except for the lasagna), so our fridge is stuffed :) We figured out that every night this week one of us will be working, so this is a Keep It Simple Week. My only goal is to use up all the leftovers and avoid wasting any food.

I never did get to the cinnamon rolls I wanted to bake last week, so I will see how the week goes and try to work that in sometime. I also need to use up some mashed sweet potatoes from Thanskgiving, so I will be baking that into some sweet potato-apple muffins.

Here's what's on our table this week, don't forget to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for tons more menus and recipes!

monday - Leftovers (Free)

tuesday - Curried pizzas using leftover veggie curry, naan and feta (thanks to Project Foodie for the tip!

wednesday - Grilled cheese and tomato soup ($3.40 for 4 servings)

thursday - MORE leftovers (yeah I have a lot)

friday - Fish sticks, tater tots, veggies ($4.30 for 4 servings)

saturday - Finish off the leftovers!! (free)

sunday - Dinner at the in laws (Free)




Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

1 comment:

T said...

Sweet potato apple muffins sound great! I might have to make them too. I just bought 18bs of apples yesterday, lol!

 
Photobucket