Dec 29, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Dec 28th, '09




How's your house recovering from the holiday rush? I confess, I haven't actually seen the floor of my living room since Friday...but we're slowly finding a place for everything. Our parents like to spoil their grandbabies :)

In spite of the busyness of last week, we still stuck to the menu plan - the Chicken Fajita Soup and Cinnamon Rolls were VERY tasty - those cinnamon rolls are to DIE for, and I'll be making them as long as my arteries hold out :) I also ended up throwing some leftover sloppy joe in with the Mac & Cheese, which was awfully good!

This week and next I'm struggling with the menu plan - usually I save the bigger cooking for nights when we're all home for dinner, but for the next few weeks one of us is working every night. I have a tough time justifying more than easy meals or leftovers when it's just the toddler and I, and I'll have to get over that or we'll be eating nothing but pizza and grilled cheese all week! I am missing my OAMC meals that's for sure - so on my agenda is to be more diligent in making freezer foods!

Here's what we'll be (hopefully) dining on this week, don't forget to visit Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie for tons of ideas and menu posts!

monday - Frozen shrimp stir fry meal ($4.50 for 4 servings)

tuesday - Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings with added veggies ($4.29 for 4-6 servings)

wednesday - Cheesy Kielbasa Bake - OAMC meal, half batch ($6.87 for 8 servings)

thursday - Leftovers (free)

friday - Italian Sausage Hawaiian over rice ($4.90 for 4 servings)

saturday - Leftovers (free)

sunday - Dinner at the in-law's (free)



Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

1 comment:

Momstart said...

Those dishes sound so good! Thanks for linking to the recipes

 
Photobucket