Jan 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Jan 26th '09


Ok, so I'm late posting this AGAIN...forgive a girl with pregnesia and late afternoon sleepies :)

The good news is, we stuck to the menu plan last week and I even got the baking done! There wasn't much new on the menu, but I hadn't actually gotten around to making the Spinach Lasagna, I forgot how easy and tasty that was! We have plenty in the freezer for a night when I don't feel like cooking from scratch too :)

I'm making a real effort to buy as little as possible this month - hubby found out he's getting his hours cut in half and we're getting ready to move into a new apartment...not the best timing, but I think we can muddle through while he looks for other (or just more) work. I have enough muffins in the freezer to serve as breakfast and snacks for the week, so baking will be at a minimum until next week.

So here's our table for the week - don't forget to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for the MANY other participants! No shortage of menu ideas there!

monday - Italian Dressing chicken, Betty Crocker mashed 'taters, cheesy broccoli ($5.13 for 4 servings)

tuesday - Meatloaf, green beans, corn ($3.71 for 4 servings)

wednesday - Enchiladas, corn ($6.38 for 4-5 servings)

thursday - Leftovers - Free!

friday - Chickpea Stew with rice ($3.44 for 8 servings)

saturday - Homemade Pizza ($3.04 for 6 servings)

sunday - Superbowl Party! Woo!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Spinach Lasagna sounds very good. I hope things go well with your husband & his job.

 
Photobucket