Nov 4, 2009

Cleanup in the cereal aisle!

Man, I have a hard time when a good deal comes along! I had read Deal Seeking Mom's post about the Kellogg's cereal deal at Target this week and had to see what I could make of it.

According to the deal, selected Kelloggs cereals were $2.66 and ALL Kelloggs cereals are buy 3, get one free. There are several links to Kellogg's Mfr coupons on the post, plus a Target store printable for $1/1 Kelloggs cereal that can be stacked! I also found a Target printable for Chex mix that could be combined with a couple of Chex mix printables from Coupons.com, and a free Pop Tarts coupon I had from an old campaign.

As it turns out, the cereals under the sale price were VERY limited - the Raisin Bran was the only one I had coupons for (my store didn't carry the Corn Flakes Touch of Honey, and the Special K cereals weren't at the sale price). But I still managed to get all of the cereal for an average price of $1.05 per box after coupons, so I'm satisfied :) Here's how it worked out:

13 Boxes Kellogg cereals (2 Corn Flakes, 1 Rice Krispies, 1 Special K Blueberry, 2Special K Cinnamon Pecan, 3 Raisin Bran, 4 Frosted Mini Wheats) - $40.83
used 10 $1/1 Target Printables
used $8.25 in various mfr printable coupons
Received 3 free boxes as part of promotion

Final cost: $13.64, or $1.05 per box!

2 bags Chex Mix, on sale for $1.75
used $1/2 Target Printable
used 2 $0.50/1 mfr printables

Final Cost: $1.50, or $0.75 each!

1 box Blueberry Muffin Pop Tarts, $2.29
used mfr coupon for a free box
Final Cost: FREE!

1 bag Goldfish crackers $1.89 (The Boy Wonder and I got a snack attack)
1 DVD Cat in the Hat animated $5.00

Grand Total: $22.03!!!



Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

No comments:

 
Photobucket