May 4, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - May 4, '09

Just another Manic Monday!

I wanted to say thanks to all who sent notes of encouragement regarding the loss of my friend - it was a tough week but we all made it through and the notes and prayers definitely helped :)

Last week I fell off plan a bit - forgot to take the meat out to thaw one night and hadn't saved enough leftovers...so we had grilled cheese on Friday and Chickpea Stew on Saturday. I think I need to give myself reminders to take stuff out to thaw (especially with freezer meals on the menu), baby brain is doing a number on me!! On that front - we are about to hit T-minus 3 months till arrival! I REALLY need to get the baby's room set up....

This week will be the beginning of incorporating Once a Month meals in my menus - I will make a note of when those are being used versus fresh cooked meals and we'll see how things pan out! I am already working on a cooking list for June meals and will keep you posted!

Here's our table for the week, don't forget to visit Laura over at I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas!

monday - Black Bean Quesadillas ($6.65 for 4-6 servings)

tuesday - Turkey and veggie lasagna - OAMC ($5.78 for 6 servings)

wednesday - Chicken Cordon Bleu over noodles - OAMC ($6.75 for 6 servings)

thursday - Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin, veggies, homemade breadsticks ($4.01 for 4-6 servings)

friday - Homemade pizza ($2.95 for 6-8 servings)

saturday - Leftovers! Free!

sunday - Mothers Day Dinner with the in laws - free!







Add to Technorati Favorites
Stumble It!

No comments:

 
Photobucket